OFFICE OF CURRICULUM
1130 Fifth Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91911-2896
(619) 407-4975 FAX Directions/Map
Executive Director of
Curriculum and Instruction
Senior Curriculum Materials Technician
Edna Z. Espinoza,
Office Assistant II
Doreen San Nicolas
Office Assistant I
Science Curriculum Specialist
English Curriculum Specialist
Strategic Planning Goals For Curriculum (2007-2012)
Strategy I: We will put in place diverse curriculum and learning experiences that meet the needs and aspirations of each student:
- Develop and assess a coherent and aligned secondary curriculum that prepares all students for post-secondary education and/or the career of their choice, in cooperation with elementary and post-secondary institutions.
- Explicitly teach and assess, across the curriculum, a common set of:
a. Higher-Order Thinking Skills
b. 21st Century Work Force Readiness Skills
c. Habits of Mind
- A. Expand career pathway opportunities (career exploration in middle schools) at all school sites.
B. Connect all students to flexible career pathway opportunities (career exploration in middle school).
- Design and implement a district-wide data management system that informs and guides the curriculum and classroom instructional decisions in a timely manner.
- Increase student engagement in rigorous, standards-based learning activities by providing relevant, real world classroom experiences in the core curriculum.
- Implement and monitor a systematic approach to mastery learning of content standards that differentiates curriculum and classroom instruction based on student needs.